Providing Comprehensive Orthopedic Care
in Modesto and the Central Valley of California
Lenita Williamson M.D.
Dr. Williamson has been serving the community since 1996 and is the first surgeon in Modesto to be dual board certified in both Orthopedic Surgery AND Sports Medicine. She attended Stanford University where she earned both her Bachelor’s and MD degrees.
Dr. Williamson completed her Orthopedic Surgery Residency training at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, NY and completed further specialized training in Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Iowa. Most notably, Dr. Williamson served in the 101st Airborne at Fort Campbell, KY as a Civilian Orthopedic Surgeon. Her Sports Medicine training allowed her provide expert orthopedic care on the sidelines for many years.
She is one of the few surgeons in the area that performs hip arthroscopy – providing a much needed service to the young and active patients in our community.
Currently, her practice involves the operative and non-operative treatment of sports related injuries. The “weekend warrior” and “walking wounded” will receive the care that optimizes function and return to sports. Work related, 3rd party and cash pay injuries evaluated at the office.
Her other interests include healthcare technology. She is the Founder and CEO of the company Procedure Card. ProcedureCard.com is an innovative software platform that solves a critical problem with communication and efficient utilization of resources in the operating room.
Eric L. Giang, D.O.
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Dr. Giang graduated from UC Davis with a Bachelor's degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology. He then completed his medical training at Touro University in Vallejo, CA and Orthopedic Residency at Rowan University-SOM (formerly UMDNJ) in New Jersey where he served as chief resident his last year earning him the title ‘Resident of the Year’. As an accredited fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Giang underwent advanced training in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, TX under the direction of distinguished surgeons Dr. Wayne “Buz” Burkhead, Jr., Dr. Todd Moen, and Dr. Daniel Worrel. He had the opportunity to work alongside physicians who cared for professional sports teams in the Dallas area, such as the Cowboys and the Mavericks.
Dr. Giang is excited to be home in Modesto with his wife and daughter and looks forward to providing exceptional service and personalized care to the Modesto community in partnership with Dr. Lenita Williamson.
- Lutsky KF, Giang EL, Matzon JL. Flexor Tendon Injury, Repair and Rehabilitation. Orthop Clin of North Am 2015;46:67-76
- McMillan S, Giang EL, Ford E. Case Report: Delayed Surgical Reconstruction with an Achilles Tendon Allograft for Triceps Tendon Rupture: Technique and Results. MOJ Orthop Rheumatol 2015;3(6):00115
- Giang EL, Chen E, Radcliff K. 2016. Placement of Anterior Low-Profile Cervical Interbody In: Vaccaro AR, Albert TJ, editors. Spine Surgery: Tricks of the Trade, 3rd ed. New York: Thieme Medical Publishers. p. 76-77, 2016
- Giang EL, Chen E, Radcliff K. 2016. Placement of Cervical Mesh and Expandable Cages. In: Vaccaro AR, Albert TJ, editors. Spine Surgery: Tricks of the Trade, 3rd ed. New York: Thieme Medical Publishers. p. 74-75, 2016
- Giang EL, Burkhead WZ. Short Stem Total Shoulder Arthroplasty with Glenoid Pre-Operative Planning. Semin Arthroplasty 2017 March;28:18-24.
- Giang EL, McMillan S Case Report: Delayed Surgical Reconstruction with an Achilles Tendon Allograft for Triceps Tendon Rupture: Technique and Results. Presented at 75th American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics Annual Meeting, 2nd Place Winner for Sports Scientific Paper, Washington D.C. (10/13/2016)
- Giang EL, Burkhead WZ. Updates on Post-Operative Shoulder Infections: Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty. Presented by Dr. Burkhead at 2nd Biennial Arthroplasty Disaster Conference, Miami, Fl (09/23/2016)
- Giang EL, Gleimer J. Complex Patella Tendon Rupture in a Morbidly Obese Patient: Presented at New Jersey Orthopedic Society, Annual Symposium, Bedminster, NJ (03/28/2014)
- Vanam R, Alvarado C, Espejo M, Giang E, Gill J, Spinello I. Hospitalized Patients with 2009 H1N1 Influenza at a County Teaching Hospital. Poster presented at Kern Medical Center Research Day (05/2010)
- Rowan University - School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ, 09/2015
- Trauma of the Lower Extremities
- Stryker/Kennedy Health Systems, 06/2015
- Orthopedic Trauma and Principles
- Rowan University - School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ, 09/2014
- Spinal Fractures